Wednesday, February 16, 2005

DSS Course Update

We now have 16 students registered for the course. North American readers may not find this impressive, but let me assure you that for a British honours seminar it's quite a large number and should make for a very rich course. We will have a seminar on one student paper in the fourth week; thereafter we will cover two each week, except for the ninth week, when we will cover three. I've just added the sixteenth topic to the list on the main course page - the Groningen Hypothesis. Much of the bibliography for this topic is found in the pesharim section of the bibliography page, although other items are scattered throughout the latter. In addition I've filled in the entry for calendrical texts. The bibliography is now basically complete, although I will probably add a few more items as I find time.